1. Everyone sits in a circle, one player is the dealer as well as a participant. Each player is dealt four cards face up, to be kept in front of that player.
2. The dealer then starts 'up the river' by turning over the first card.
a) Each player with the same card in front of him/her (suit doesn't matter), must take one drink.
b) If the person has more than one of the same card, it is a drink for each card.
3. The dealer then turns over the next card. Same thing, except this time it is two drinks. The next deal is three drinks, and the the last is four drinks.
4. After the fourth card, the dealer returns 'down the river' by dealing the next card on top of the fourth card dealt.
a) Players with matching cards now 'give' four drinks away in any combination; four to one player, or maybe one drink to four different players.
b) If the player has more than one of the same card; the player 'gives' drinks for each card.
5. The dealer continues back 'down the river' by dealing the next card on top of the third card dealt. This time players give three cards for each matching card. The next deal is a give of two drinks, and the last deal is a give of one drink.
6. After all the cards are dealt, simply shuffle and deal again. Lastly, the dealer starts turning over cards, while counting from 1 (ace) to 13 (king), if the count and the card turned over are equal in value then all players drink that many drinks.
7. Play continues until everyone is sick of the game, or sick from the beer.
2 decks of cards
Please Drink Responsibly.
Drink Mix Guide is a tool used to find mixed drink recipes. You can search drink names or
find drink recipes based on what ingredients you have. Drink Mix Guide is a great tool
if you are a bartender or plan to be a bartender. Drink Mix Guide has thousands of drinks to serve you.